The North Face®, the world’s premier supplier of authentic, innovative and technically advanced outdoor apparel, equipment and footwear is proud to announce a ski-avalanche safety product award at ISPO 2015. The ABS Modulator from the pinnacle The North Face® Steep Series™ Collection, was chosen “WINNER” in the Ski segment, category Avalanche Safety.
- Pneumatic trigger for reliability
- Dual airbags for redundancy and body positioning in a slide
- Nitrogen-driven system for reliability
- Harness system works with any pack with two shoulder straps
- Ambidextrous trigger with full vertical adjustability along shoulder strap
- Ultra strong dimension polyester for high tear resistance
- Color-coded webbing for easier use
- Packaging doubles as a storage bag that keeps the system neatly contained until deployment.
The award-winning ABS Modulator is the world’s first fully modular, one-pack-fits-all ABS airbag system. This collaboration brings The North Face® expertise in equipment design and ABS’ trusted air bag technology system together to make avalanche safety packs more accessible and versatile for everyone. The ABS Modulator can be used across different packs for different needs, enabling the user to put together the best safety equipment for snow travel, regardless of activity. The ABS Modulator fits approximately 99% of backpacks on market that are used specifically for sports carried out in avalanche risk areas. As The North Face® is deeply committed to snow safety, the bag is designed to work with packs large enough to carry standard avalanche safety equipment such as shovel and probe.
ISPO honors the sports industry‘s most exceptional products with the ISPO Award, considered a seal of quality. Independent juries of experts and sports business professionals evaluate hundreds of entries according to three main criteria – innovation, design and function.
The North Face® ABS Modulator, alongside the brand’s Fall/Winter 2015 collection, will be on display at ISPO Munich from, February 5-8, 2015 at The North Face® booth Hall B6 – Stand 202.
For more information on The North Face, please visit: www.thenorthface.com.